- Wraparound shield for a wide field of vision
- Interchangeable lenses provide options for bright to low light conditions
- Four vents circulate air and prevent fogging
- Polycarbonate lens is shatterproof and scratch-resistant
- Adjustable nose and earpieces reduce slippage and increase comfort
- Hydrophilic rubber nose and earpieces increase grip the more you sweat
- Optically decentered to eliminate distortion and magnification
- 100% UV protection
- Hard-shell zipper case and dual bag/cleaning cloth included
- Affordable price point
- Not best suited for small and medium-size faces
- A rear-view mirror does not fit the frame arm/temple
Lenses: Comes with 3 interchangeable lenses
Colors: Crystal Smoke, Matte Black, Crystal Pink, Matte White
Weight: 35.5 grams
Fit: Large/Extra Large
Material: Grilamid TR-90 frame; Polycarbonate lens
How Obtained: Company sample
Available: Retail and online
RBR Sponsor: No
Tifosi Broadens the Sledge Family of Sunglasses
For Spring 2021 Tifosi added to their Sledge family of sunglasses a semi-rimless frame called Sledge Lite. As common with most Tifosi sunglasses, the Sledge Lite comes with interchangeable, polycarbonate lenses so you’re prepared for any light conditions.
The Sledge Lite is designed for people with large to XL width faces so with my small narrow face, the sunglasses did fit but overwhelmed my face. The single shield offers plenty of coverage and an unobstructed view which is crucial on the bike. Four browline vents help to circulate air and prevent fogging. As a contact wearer, there was no issue with debris or eye dryness from the wind.
Tifosi sunglasses are affordably priced at $69.95 for the standard 3 interchangeable lenses and $10 more, or $79.95, for the Clarion lenses. The Clarion lens features a hydrophobic coating that repels water and sweat to prevent moisture from gathering on the lens.
Lenses for Different Lighting Conditions
Be prepared for whatever lighting condition awaits your ride.
- The smoke tint is best for full-sun conditions
- AC red increases contrast for overcast rides
- Clear is perfect for low light and protection from rain, debris and UV rays.
What’s in the Box?
The Sledge Lite comes standard with a hard-shell zipper case, microfiber bag that doubles as a storage and cleaning cloth, and three interchangeable shield style lenses. I tested the crystal pink version which comes standard with three lenses; Clarion Blue, AC Red, and clear.
For riders with large or XL faces, Tifosi’s new Sledge Lite delivers quality and affordability in cycling sunglasses. The large shield provides an unobstructed view while the adjustable nose and temples allow for a customized fit.
Sheri Rosenbaum regularly contributes articles and reviews products for RBR. She’s an avid recreational roadie who lives in the Chicago area and a major advocate for women’s cycling, serving on the board of directors and volunteering with the Dare2tri Paratriathlon Club. Click to read Sheri’s full bio or visit her web site sunflowersandpedals.com.
Fred Rose says
I’ve had two pairs of Tifosa sunglasses, the lens scratches way too easily; geez I have a pair of $10 safety glasses that are tinted that I’ve owned for 3 years not a scratch and I toss those around, but Tifosa I keep in the case treat them with care and every year I have to replace the lenses.
Sheri Rosenbaum says
Have you reached out to Tifosi customer service about the issue? I’ve had several pair for a long time and no problems.
David Hughes says
Only sun glasses I’ve been using for 10-12 years and never have had any problems
After 10 years I did lose a pair at putter banks NC after a big wave took them off of me.
I’ve rode thousands of miles and no problems