- Wraparound shield for unobstructed, wide field of vision
- Interchangeable lenses provide options for bright to low light conditions
- Six vents circulate air along with anti-fog coating to prevent fogging
- Optically decentered to eliminate distortion and magnification
- Polycarbonate lenses are high-impact resistant
- Maximum UVA and UVB protection
- Adjustable nose and earpieces reduce slippage and increase comfort
- Lifetime guarantee, crash repair policy, 90-day return policy
- A rear-view mirror fits arm/temple
- Hard-shell zipper case and dual bag/cleaning cloth included
- Optical inserts available for prescription lenses
- Parts are interchangeable, including lenses, frame sections, nose pads, and temples
- Only black frames come with photochromic lenses, but photochromic lenses will be available separately to go with the other frames
Colors: White, Pink, Red, Black
Material: TR90 (frame)
How Obtained: Company sample
Available: Retail and online
RBR Sponsor: No
Performance Eye Protection With Style
In late July, Stolen Goat announced the addition of performance sunglasses to their line of cycling gear, the Hexi and Hexi+. Both models come in various colors, with one sure to match your kit, frame, or helmet. The main differences between the two models are the Hexi+ has an upper and lower frame, and the Hexi is 5mm shorter in height. The company sent me a pair of their Helix+ sunglasses for testing as you can see in the below picture.
The wraparound shield offers a wide, unobstructed field of vision and protection from wind and debris. Great for contact lens wears like me. Six vents, four at the top and two at the bottom, circulate air for maximum ventilation. An anti-fog coating also helps to keep the lens clear when things heat up.
An optical class 1 lens ensures crystal clear and distortion-free vision. Potholes and roadway debris are easy to spot on fast-paced road rides. Also, tested on singletrack, roots, and changes in terrain are easy to depict even in dapple or shaded areas.
A polycarbonate lens is high-impact resistant and provides added protection in the event of a crash. Maximum UVA and UVB protection further safeguard your eyes. For prescription wearers, optical inserts are available. Stolen Goat offers a photochromic lens that adjusts to varying sunlight; however, it is only available in the black frame.
Made from TR90, the frames are lightweight, flexible, and durable. For increased comfort and reduced slippage, both nose and earpieces are adjustable to fit your face. After I adjusted it slightly to accommodate the wider arm, a metal rear-view mirror works just fine.
What’s in the Box?
Both models come in a zippered hardshell case with a microfiber bag used as a cleaning cloth. The company recommends only using the cleaning cloth and water to remove spots as lens cleaner or detergent as it can harm the anti-fog coating.
Stolen Goat’s Hexi+ are lightweight and virtually unnoticeable when you’re wearing them. A wide, unobstructed field of vision and quality optics let you ride in confidence. Customize your pair with interchangeable parts, including lenses, frame sections, nose pads, and temples. Stolen Goat offers a lifetime guarantee, crash repair policy, and a 90-day return policy, letting you buy with confidence.
Sheri Rosenbaum regularly contributes articles and reviews products for RBR. She’s an avid recreational roadie who lives in the Chicago area and a major advocate for women’s cycling, serving on the board of directors and volunteering with the Dare2tri Paratriathlon Club. Click to read Sheri’s full bio or visit her web site sunflowersandpedals.com.