- Light weight at only 28 grams
- Wraparound shield for wide field of vision
- Interchangeable lenses provide options for different light conditions
- Polycarbonate lens are shatterproof and scratch-resistant
- Adjustable nose and ear pieces reduce slippage and increase comfort
- Hydrophilic rubber nose and ear pieces increase grip the more you sweat
- Optically decentered to eliminate distortion and magnification
- 100% UV protection
- Hard-shell zipper case and dual bag/cleaning cloth included
- Rear-view mirror fits on frame arm/temple
- Affordable price point
- Not suitable for wider/larger faces
Price: $69.95 (standard) $79.95 (Clarion models)
Lenses: Comes with 3 interchangeable lenses
Colors: Matte Black, Crystal Smoke/White, Crystal Neon Green, Gunmetal/Red
Weight: 28 grams
Material: Grilamid TR-90 frame; Polycarbonate lens
How Obtained: Company sample
Available: Retail and online
RBR Sponsor: No
Style, Performance and Affordability
Last month, Tifosi launched their latest sunglasses called Tsali. Designed for all your outdoor activities, this new model comes with interchangeable lenses, is stylish, offers excellent visibility, and like all Tifosi eyewear, is affordable.
Let’s start with the Tsali frame. It’s available in four colors and made from Grilamid TR-90 which makes them durable and light weight, at only 28 grams. The adjustable nose and ear pieces let you customize the fit to increase comfort and limit slippage as you sweat. And speaking of sweat, the hydrophilic rubber on the ear and nosepiece increases the grip the more you perspire.
The Tsali uses a single shield lens measuring 132mm x 45.65mm, which provides an unobstructed panoramic view. The polycarbonate lens is shatterproof, scratch resistant, and provides 100% UV protection.
I tested the Tsali in a neon green frame with smoke, AC red and clear lenses. I used them on both road and trail rides with varying light conditions. They were comfortable, provided great visibility, as well as good ventilation. The shape of the frame gives ample room for air circulation, so vents aren’t needed. A rearview mirror fits on the frame’s temple with only slight adjustments for the wider width.
The Tsali is designed for people with small and medium width faces. I have a narrow face as seen in the picture below. I found the sunglasses to fit just fine, but are probably too tight for someone with a wide face.
At $69.95 you get the standard three interchangeable lenses and for $10 more, or $79.95, the Clarion lenses. The Clarion lens features a hydrophobic coating that repels water and sweat to prevent moisture from gathering on the lens. For me it is worth the extra $10.
Lens Color and Conditions?
Each lens color performs differently depending on the light condition.
- Smoke or brown lenses are an all-around performer and ideal for full-sun conditions.
- AC red lenses increase contrast in sunny and cloudy conditions.
- Blue lenses reduce glare in snowy conditions.
- Clear lenses are perfect for low-light protection from rain, debris and UV rays.
What’s in the Box?
The Tsali model comes with a hard-shell zipper case, microfiber bag that doubles as a storage and cleaning cloth, and three interchangeable shield style lenses. Tifosi sent me the crystal neon green frames to test which came with three lenses; smoke, AC red and clear.
Tifosi continues to deliver quality sunglasses and an affordable price. The new Tsali did not disappoint. They are stylish, durable and perform great on the bike. The single shield provides a panoramic view with no obstructions and with three interchangeable lenses you’ll always see clearly.