$4.99 – Scroll down to purchase.
Nutrition for 100K and Beyond: What to eat before, during and after a bike ride.
Coach John Hughes combines the best of current research with 40 years of riding experience to teach you proper sports nutrition for cycling. Initially written for longer rides the lessons apply to all endurance riders.
If you don’t fuel properly you won’t get very far either in training or in rides. You may:
We all know the basic point: when cycling we are using energy and we need to replace the energy. However, energy needs vary by individual and type of riding and not all fuels are equally effective. This article will teach you:
- Personal Energy Need: how to estimate how many calories you are burning per hour at different speeds.
- Types of Fuel: how carbohydrates, fat and protein contribute to your energy needs.
- Training Implications: what are the training implications of your personal energy needs, your cycling goals and the types of fuel.
- What to Eat: what you should eat including quantity per hour, types of fuel, complex vs. simple carbohydrates, sports products vs. grocery store food and sample foods.
- Hydration: how much to drink both to avoid dehydration and to avoid hyponatremia, diluting your blood sodium.
- Electrolytes: what you need and a comparison of sources.
- Experiment of One: we are each an experiment of one, how to test and refine your nutrition.
- Before and After Events: what to eat pre-event for strong performance and post-event for optimum recovery.
- 24-Hour and Beyond: how to maintain energy over a 24-hour or longer event.
- Myths: common popular myths about sports nutrition.
Nutrition for 100K will teach you everything you need to know to avoid hitting the wall with dead legs or bonking with a fuzzy depressed brain.
Having any trouble making a purchase? Contact us here or email us at [email protected].