$4.99 – Scroll down to purchase.
You want to become a better cyclist? Don’t we all? I continually strive for improvement, and I’ve been riding more than 40 years.
But what does becoming “a better cyclist” mean for you?
Do you want to ride more miles than last year? Improve your health and fitness? Have more endurance? Become a better climber? Ride with a faster group on the weekends? Or do you have a more specific goal like finishing your first 100k? Or riding a specific tour? Or climbing Mt. Terrible? Or setting a personal best in your club’s 10-mile time trial?
Whatever your goal(s) you want to have more fun, which is definitely part of becoming a better cyclist!
I’ve been riding since 1976 and coaching professionally since 1995. I’ve ridden millions of virtual miles with clients that I’ve coached. I’ve learned that every rider – whether he’s in his 20s or she’s in her 70s, whether he’s training for a first century or she’s training for the Race Across America – improves most if we work on Six Success Factors:
- Planning and goal-setting
- Effective training
- Sound nutrition
- Mental techniques
- Proper equipment
- Proficient skills
Cyclists achieve maximum improvement by working on all six of the Success Factors, not just on their favorites or the easiest.
How you can use the Six Success Factors to improve is described in detail in How to Become a Better Cyclist. The 36-page eArticle explains in detail how to apply each of the Six Success Factors to your cycling. Like all our eArticles, it will sell for only $4.99; only $4.24 for our Premium Members with their automatic 15% discount.
This new article is also included in the new bundle of five eArticles The Best of Coach Hughes: 5 eArticles to Make You a Better Cyclist. The new bundle includes:
- How to Become a Better Cyclist: The Six Success Factors – A new eArticle totaling 36 pages.
- Your Best Season Ever, Part 1: A 32-page eArticle on how to plan and get the most out of your training. Published in 2015.
- Intensity Training 2016: A 41-page eArticle with the latest information on how to use perceived exertion, a heart rate monitor and a power meter to maximize training effectiveness.
- Optimal Recovery for Improved Performance: A 16-page eArticle with 10 different recovery techniques illustrated with 14 photos. Published in 2011.
- Eat & Drink Like the Pros: A 15-page eArticle of nutritional insights from pro cycling teams. It contains a dozen recipes for you to make your own food and sports drinks. Published in 2011.
The Best of Coach Hughes: 5 eArticles to Make You a Better Cyclist totals 140 pages and is available at the special price of $15.96 (this is a special 5-for-the-price-of-4 discount); and only $13.57 for our Premium Members.
Note: this is an eArticle. Your purchase will be stored as a PDF file in your customer account on the website for downloading and printing.
Having any trouble making a purchase? Contact us here or email us at [email protected].