By Rick Schultz
Many clients who come in for a bike fit have also recently purchased a power meter and head unit.
Many don’t know where to start, nor what data fields to use, so, part of my services include setting up their system and explaining what training with power is all about.
These are the screens I use and often set up their head units with.
- MAIN SCREEN – most of my riding is with this displayed.
- SCREEN 2 – seems to be what most other cyclists prefer to see.
- SCREEN 3 – for those days climbing.
- SCREEN 4 – optional if you have a Di2 system.
- TRAINING SCREEN – optional if you are actually doing real training, intervals, etc.
Readers, how do you set up your bike computer screens, and why do you do it that way?
Coach Rick Schultz is an avid cyclist who trains, races and coaches in Southern California. Rick is an engineer by trade, and in addition to being a coach, he’s a bike fitter and prolific product reviewer. He’s the author of Stretching & Core Strengthening for the Cyclist in the RBR eBookstore. Check his product reviews website, www.biketestreviews.com, and his coaching site, www.bikefitnesscoaching.com. Click to read Rick’s full bio.