By Lars Hundley
KASK has introduced its new Elemento road cycling helmet, developed in collaboration with the world tour pro INEOS Grenadiers cycling team. The Elemento integrates two proprietary technologies, Fluid Carbon 12 and Multipod, which improve impact resistance and airflow.
Fluid Carbon 12, a unique composite technopolymer, can absorb and distribute impact energy more efficiently than traditional helmet materials. This technology has allowed KASK to refine the Elemento’s design, maximizing ventilation while minimizing the size of the ventilation holes, resulting in improved aerodynamics.
Multipod, another key innovation by KASK, is a 3D-printed structure used in the internal padding of the Elemento. This elastomer material is designed to withstand both linear and rotational impacts and exhibits isotropic properties, ensuring consistent performance regardless of the direction of the force. The unique design of Multipod also enhances ventilation, contributing to the Elemento’s thermoregulation capabilities.
The Elemento includes additional features such as OCTOFIT+, a new helmet adjustment system for increased comfort and stability, and a lightweight “Pro” chinstrap, also used by INEOS Grenadiers. The helmet is designed with a reflective graphic on the back for increased visibility and includes merino wool in the internal padding for enhanced comfort and thermoregulation.
The Elemento is available in several color options including classic Black or White, as well as new metallic finishes: Beetle Green, Oxford Blue, Red, and Silver. Adhering to KASK’s proprietary safety standards, the Elemento is designed in line with the KASK Rotational Impact WG11 Test.
The Elemento, which weighs 260 grams (size M), is priced at $400.
- Fluid Carbon 12 technology: A composite technopolymer that can absorb and distribute impact energy more effectively.
- Multipod technology: A 3D-printed structure that improves the helmet’s resistance to linear and rotational impacts while enhancing ventilation.
- OCTOFIT+: A new helmet adjustment system for increased comfort and stability.
- Pro chinstrap: A lightweight chinstrap for added security and comfort.
- Reflective graphic: A design feature on the back of the helmet to enhance rider visibility.
- Merino wool padding: Used in the internal padding to ensure comfort and thermoregulation.
- Color options: Available in Black, White, Beetle Green, Oxford Blue, Red, and Silver.
- KASK Rotational Impact WG11 Test: The helmet is designed in accordance with this internal testing protocol to measure performance when subjected to rotational impacts.
- Weight and Price: The helmet weighs 260 grams (size M) and is priced at $400.