By John Hughes
$4.99 – Scroll down to purchase.
Your Best Season Ever, Part 2: Peaking for and riding your event
Coach Hughes Your Best Season Ever, Part 2 builds on Part 1, which taught you how to create a personal plan and personal workouts.
He shows how you can develop, test and employ a personal strategy for your Key Event of the season. He uses five hypothetical events as examples:
Examples of key events
- Climb Whiner’s hill in 15:30. Whiner’s ascends 525 feet in two miles (160m in 3.2 km), a 5% grade.
- Finish the Race of Truth 10-mile (15 km) club time trial in 27:30 (averaging 21.8 mph / 35.1 km/h).
- Finish with the Big Dogs’ “A” group on the 50-mile (100 km) Saturday ride rather than getting dropped.
- Finish the Hills and Valleys Century in 7:15 (or 200K in 9:00).
- Ride your first 100K on a personally defined route.
- How to peak for and ride a specific event
- Using these examples he shows how to peak for and ride a specific event:
- Analyze your event to figure out what’s required for success.
- Develop specific training objectives based on that analysis.
- Create and test a personal strategy for your particular event.
- Train for peak fitness for your individual event.
- Learn what you should eat, and when, leading up to and during the event.
- Select the optimum equipment, including how to get the most bang for your buck.
- Learn mental focus so that 100% of your energy goes into your performance.
- Taper so that you are fresh and on form on the starting line.
- Control how you ride your event for best performance.
In his eArticle Your Best Season Ever, Part 1: How to plan and get the most out of your training Coach Hughes walks you through how to create your own specific, personalized training plan and then get the most out of your training.
Part 2 takes what you’ve learned in the first article and builds on it to help you achieve your ultimate goal(s) for the season.
Coach John Hughes’ 37-page eArticle Your Best Season Ever, Part 2: Peaking for and Riding Your Event is only $4.99