By John Hughes
$8.98 – Scroll down to purchase.
Your Best Season Ever, Parts 1 and 2
Coach John Hughes, drawing on his 20 years of coaching experience in these two eArticles, explains how to use current training science to plan and reach your goals.
In Your Best Season Ever, Part 1: How to plan and get the most out of your training Coach Hughes explains how to set appropriate goals for you. What do you want to do this season? Ride with a faster group on club rides? Commute more days to save money and help the environment? Conquer a tough climb? Complete a specific event? Set a personal record? Participate in a tour? Improve your health and fitness?
Coach Hughes then shows you how to assess your individual strengths and weakness and set appropriate personal objectives. You then use this information to build a plan including personal training volumes for different seasons and months.
Based on this plan Coach Hughes explains how to create your personal workouts including:
- Exercising at the right intensities,
- Recovering fully to allow progress,
- Measuring your progress, and then
- Adjusting the plan.
Your Best Season Ever, Part 2: Peaking for and riding your event
Building on part 1 Coach Hughes shows how you can develop, test and employ a personal strategy for your Key Event of the season. He uses as examples a hill climb, a time trial, fast club rides, a 100K and a 100-mile ride.
He explains how to:
- Analyze your event to figure out what’s required for success.
- Develop specific training objectives based on that analysis.
- Create and test a personal strategy for your particular event.
- Train for peak fitness for your individual event.
- Learn what you should eat, and when, leading up to and during the event.
- Select the optimum equipment, including how to get the most bang for your buck.
- Learn mental focus so that 100% of your energy goes into your performance.
- Taper so that you are fresh and on form on the starting line.
- Control how you ride your event for best performance.
Your Best Season Ever bundle includes Coach John Hughes’ 34-page Part 1: How to plan and get the most out of your training and his 37-page Part 2: Peaking for and Riding Your Event both for only $8.98.