By Rick Schultz (Bike Fitness Coaching)
Cost: £64.99, $89.49
How obtained: review sample from company
Available: online, retail
RBR Sponsor: no
Tested: 8 hours
Sizing: S, M, L, XL, refer to Craftcadence.com website for Sizing Charts
Summary: If you love wearing skin-tight jerseys, this is NOT for you. This jersey is for the rest of us, a ‘club-cut’ jersey that has a little extra room where needed. The sizing is basically true to size. I ordered a large is it fit perfectly as expected, not skin-tight but a good snug club fit. This jersey is also 100% Global Recycling Standard (GRS) certified recycled technical fabric that is both sustainable and high performing.
HOT & NOT:
- Full length SBS zipper and zipper guard to prevent zipper discomfort while riding. The inside of the jersey has smooth lining material on each side of the zipper keeping it from rubbing against and scratching skin. This runs all the way from the bottom to the top of the zipper.
- As stated, a very comfortable (looser) fit that is best for casual riding and club rides.
- Small reflective trim located on bottom of center pocket measuring 112mm wide x 3.5mm high for night-time visibility. In my opinion, the length is OK, but the height should be 1cm.
- Three easy-to-access rear pockets with additional zipped pocket. From left to right, pockets measure 95mm, 95mm, 82mm, zippered pocket 85mm. All pockets measure 150mm tall.
- Extra thick 2cm silicone hem gripper for tight fit and improved stability.
- Arm holes have no silicone gripper nor elastic, making for a very comfortable fit in the arms.
Other styles available
Craft cadence recently sent their cycling wallet for review – see Craft Cadence Essentials Case and Cycling Phone Wallet Review – Road Bike Rider Cycling Site
A jersey was also included in the package, and they asked that I review this as well. After 8 rides and 8 washings, being a looser fit, this jersey is still very comfortable to ride in and there is no degradation after 8 washings. NOTE: I use a nylon mesh bag for delicate clothing so other clothing won’t damage my jerseys or bibs.
If Teal does not float your boat, there are 2 other styles for men and 2 other styles for women.
For the low price of $89.50, this is a very high quality jersey that is every bit as good as jerseys costing twice as much.
Bottom Line – I highly recommend this jersey as a best-bang-for-the-buck award! Comfortable fit, high performance fabric, zippers, gripper, this jersey is both comfortable and stylish.
Coach Rick Schultz is an avid cyclist who trains, races and coaches in Southern California. Rick is an engineer by trade, and in addition to being a coach, he’s a bike fitter and prolific product reviewer. He’s the author of Stretching & Core Strengthening for the Cyclist in the RBR eBookstore. Check his product reviews website, www.biketestreviews.com, and his coaching site, www.bikefitnesscoaching.com. Click to read Rick’s full bio.